Thursday, July 22, 2010

Panty lines happen to good people.

I didn't know which topic I would discuss today. It was a toss-up between panty lines and inconsiderate people. While I was trying to decide, I was watching an episode of SVU and one of the witnesses didn't remember a woman's face, but he remembered her panty line because she had a nice $#@. So...there it was. The topic du jour was decided.

Ahhh, panty lines. Never has there been a more obvious social faux pas. Really, though, there is no excuse. That's why we have friends.

Take a normal woman who goes to work. She is somewhat socially conscious and is mildly fashionable. Heck, she might not give a hill of beans about fashion. So, our woman puts on a really cute top, a cute pair of pants and fabulous shoes. Sadly, though, when she walks away, you can tell the size, cut, and color of her underwear. The whole outfit is effectively ruined. Does she know? Is she hoping no one can tell? Surely she knows.

Now, I realize that this topic might seem incredibly shallow. It probably is. But, can you honestly tell me that you haven't noticed someone walking in front of you with a huge panty line? I'm not talking size here either, because there are all sizes of women and they are all beautiful in their own ways. But even then, do we want to see their underwear?

I must confess that I'm not totally innocent in this situation. I, believe it or not, am guilty of going out of my home knowingly having a somewhat obvious panty line. I was the woman who was hoping that my outfit choice did not give away the fact that I had gained a few pounds and therefore, my pants were a little tight; hence, my panty line. I know, I know. It's tragic, but panty lines happen to good people, too.

That's why we should always depend on our friends. You tell that size 2 friend that she should not go out in pants that show her whale tail. You tell that size 12 friend that she really should not wear those tightish linen pants that fit last season, but clearly not this season. You especially tell that teenager that she can't go out of the house with her visible thong above her incredibly tight jeans.

We should look out for each other and unite against panty lines. They can be prevented so that we protect the integrity of our girlfriends.

L

No comments:

Post a Comment