Thursday, June 4, 2015

I Am BatMom.

It's been over a year since my last post. I felt I needed to remember this special day in my literary life. Thus, I am pasting my entire Batsterpiece below. Glad to be blogging again. Enjoy


I Am BatMom


A poem at 4:35am:
What's that?
A bat
Flying around my room
At 4 am

My knight arrives
Stumbling up the stairs
Pool skinner in hand
Ready for battle
So early in the morn.

Where is it? He asks
In the closet it flew
I don't see it. He says
So we'll just close the doors.
But it will poop on my clothes.
My knight just stares at me.
So there it still sleeps...

I need to get into my closet. Drat. I mean bat.

So what were my dreams for the rest of the night? 
In my childhood home a bat, huge and black,
circles the living room with a string in its grasp;
the hook on the end catches my clothes 
and we are bound together.

The very best person
Has come to my aid.
Together we'll free it
Though now I'm afraid.  
Rabies.

We did not find the bat
though a valiant effort we did give.
Hoping it joined its extended bat family
living in our attic-
its visit likely to be repeated.
I guess we shall find out
early in the morning
when I awaken to the whirring of wings
over my head while I sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment